Saturday, June 29, 2013

Camino Inka (The Inca Trail) - Day 2 - Part II... I know I can, I know I can!

More orchid sightings but still looking for the "Forever Orchid"


Hiking back up to another mountain pass after lunch



Runkurracay (Inca ruin site)


Runkuracay - named for its egg-shaped middle design


Small, shallow lake? near top of 2nd pass with chilly mist of the altitude climb



Yay down lol  - if I don't see another stair again it won't be too soon!




When I wasn't stopping to catch my breath and enjoying the valley/mountain views...I was concentrating on staying on the rocky path beneath my feet!


Campsite reached!  Couldn't capture it on the iPhone but beautiful clear night sky views of the Southern Cross constellation and the Milky Way belt from our mountain edge campsite:)
(Track our progress on the Llama Path map)
****************************************

Day 2 Recap:  Ayapata to Dead woman's pass (4250m/13779ft) to Chaquichocha (3600m/11800ft)
  • 16 km/9 miles trekked
  • Two mountain peaks traversed
  • Highest elevation gain 950m/2950ft; net gain 300m/971 ft

No comments:

Post a Comment